Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Elementary, My Dear Watson

The saddest thing in the world is a book jacket that gives away the entire plot of a book. The Brother Cadfael mystery I just read had just such a ridiculous dust jacket. After reading it, I correctly put my finger on the gist of the whole mystery. I don't think I would have guessed if I hadn't read the little blurb on it. It put two ideas in close juxtaposition, thus enabling my brain trained by no others than Sherlock Holmes/Father Brown/Poirot/Lord Peter Wimsey/Nancy Drew to make a correct deduction. The book was interesting even without the who-dunnit factor, BUT STILL!!!

9 comments:

Booker said...

Here's a mystery-why do you still have that pix? It is truly horrendous, to be completely blunt...

Aaron said...

I'll have you know, Derrick, that I took that picture, and it is beautiful. And I'll also have you know that the picture is NOT computer edited (except the cutting out of the background). So there.

Anonymous said...

what?! You don't like the bowling ball hairstyle?!?!?!?! I shall leave it up solely to bug you.

Booker said...

I stand by my original statement...

Cara said...

wouldn't you like to know how she got it to do that...

Booker said...

not really, no...

TripleNine said...

I have to agree with derrick. My jaw hit the floor the first time I saw the pic, truly scary. Sorry

Aaron said...

OK, fine; it isn't beautiful, but it is still interesting. I don't think anyone can deny that.

Kate said...

That is a truly astonishing picture, dear. Did you just apply for the positon of local small town librarian? I can just see you bicycling into town with miles of long skirt, ramrod posture, specs on the end of your nose, and a pompadour hair style big enought to scare a warthog....or anybody who talks about a whisper in the library.

Even so, I miss you! Looking forward to seeing you soon. We are coming back on the 4th of July unless our plans change abrupty (i.e.- the return of the Messiah).