Thursday, May 12, 2005

Does this work?


Aaron informed me that I can email posts to my blog...testing to see if this works.

Viola Jokes

A good repertoire of viola jokes is nearly as important to a violinist as a good repertoire of music. My teacher makes sure he tells me a new one every now and then just to keep me sharp. He tells me that it isn't really fair for me to tell them because I don't play the viola, but they are good to know anyway. :) (For those of you who don't know, drummers, violists, and sopranos are at the receiving end of orchestra jokes. The viola is very difficult to play in tune, and for some reason, the viola sections of orchestras are often very small and weak, thereby lending themselves to ridicule.)

What's the difference between an onion and a viola?
A. When you chop a viola no one cries.

What do you do with a violist after he dies?
A. Move him back a stand.

Why does the violist put his instrument on the dashboard of his car when he parks?
A. So he can park in a handicapped spot.

How are a thunderstorm and a viola similar?
A. Neither lightning nor a violist's fingers hit the same spot twice.

:)

Now that I've had my fun, in order to be fair, I'm off to go listen to the second movement of Beethoven's Seventh. The violists on my recording aren't so bad...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so much for you recommending me to play the viola aways back. We were even considering it somewhere in the far off future--now I'm crushed. But not really because the jokes were still funny, if not cruelly so.:-)

Booker said...

Hmm, glad I'm not a viola player. These witty remarks would cut to the quick of my soul.

I'd probably have to wear a bag on my head in shame or something :)