Sunday, February 27, 2005

happy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AARON

ok...No exclamation points. (see below post) Cara just brought me up to date with the youth weekend I missed. there was a baptism planned, and at the end, when, as usual, they ask if anyone else would like to be baptized, four people came forward. Some of these people have been through really tough times, and it's really exciting to see how God's taken care of them and worked in their hearts. God is good.

Quiet day here. Had a slight sore throat (better now), Karena and the kids were also under the weather, so didn't go to church. Figured out what's wrong with my camera...I was slightly to close to some objects, and it wouldn't focus. Good to know. Can't believe that the two weeks here are almost over. they've gone quickly.

Katie, here is my sonnet, or Elizabeth Barrett Browning's as it were. Did you know that her sonnets are considered the finest after Shakespeare's?

If thou must love me, let it be for nought
Except for love's sake only. Do not say
"I love her for her smile....her look...her way
Of speaking gently,...for a trick of thought
That falls in well with mine, and certes brought
A sense of pleasant ease on such a day"--
For these things in themselves, Beloved, may
Be changed, or change for thee,--and love, so wrought,
May be unwrought so. Neither love me for
Thine own dear pity's wiping my cheeks dry,--
A creature might forget to weep, who bore
Thy comfort long, and lose thy love thereby!
But love me for love's sake, that evermore
Thou may'st love on, through love's eternity.

Nice, huh?

2 comments:

Kate said...

Briary that was a lovely sonnet indeed. I am so thankful to have you around to introduce me to poetry- I disliked it as a whole in school, and have been slowly growing to love parts of it more recently.

Thank you so much for calling Megan!!! I know it musn't have been much of a hardship, but I am still grateful that you did.

brilynne said...

megan, she was thanking me for calling you...you imagined a comma where there wasn't one. (smiley face if i stopped to such things)

Mrs. F, E.B.B. wrote her Sonnets to the Portuguese over her courtship with Robert and gave them to him after they were married.